Recreational Vehicle Insurance
What better way to enjoy the great outdoors than with your own recreational vehicle. Spending a day at the lake on your pontoon boat or riding your snowmobile through the backcountry on a beautiful winter day are exciting outdoor activities you and your friends and family can share.
Like your house and your car, protecting your recreational vehicle with insurance coverage based on your specific needs is a must. We can provide you with knowledgeable insights and guide you to a policy tailored to your active lifestyle vehicles.
Off-Road Vehicle Insurance
We understand that it is a common assumption that a homeowners or auto insurance policy will cover any damages or liabilities caused while operating an off-road vehicle. Don’t wait until it’s too late to find out that assumption is incorrect. An accident that causes damage to your four-wheeler or snowmobile can be very costly without the right insurance coverage.
Providing you with the best off-road vehicle plan is important to us. We listen to you as you describe your off-road experiences, and then decide which type of coverage best fits your unique needs.
We offer the following options for Off-Road Insurance:
- Bodily Injury Liability – covers injuries sustained by another person when you are at fault for the accident
- Property Damage Liability – covers damages caused to someone else’s property while operating the recreational vehicle
- Collision Coverage – covers damages to your recreational vehicle caused by an accident that is your fault
- Comprehensive Coverage – covers damage to your recreational vehicle caused by something other than an accident, i.e. tornado, flood, fire and also covers theft of the recreational vehicle.
Boat & Watercraft Insurance
As a boat owner, it is in your best interest to own a Boat Insurance policy. This policy provides you coverage in many areas including damages caused by vandalism, lightning, collision, and windstorms. It also provides you protection in the event a passenger is injured while on the boat.
Watercraft Insurance covers Jet Skis, SeaDoos, and Wave Runners. These items are typically not covered under a homeowners policy which is why it is important to have a separate watercraft insurance policy for your recreational vehicle. A watercraft insurance policy covers the owner and anyone the owner allows to ride the vehicle.
Just like riding a motorcycle is different than riding in a car, motorcycle insurance is different than auto insurance. There are parts of a motorcycle insurance policy that are mandatory and then there a number of add-ons available. Deciding what should be included in your motorcycle insurance policy can become confusing. At Professional Insurance Services, we are here to guide you through the different options available to you and help you decide which items best fit your motorcycle insurance needs. Contact us for more information or a free quote!
- Property Damage Liability
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Custom Parts and Equipment (CPE)
- Roadside Assistance
- Transport Trailer Coverage
- Passenger Liability Coverage
- Collision Coverage
- Medical Payments
Snowmobile insurance is similar to auto insurance in that it can provide coverage in the event you are responsible for injuring someone else or damaging someone else’s property. Depending on the policy you select it may include coverage for personal injuries, vehicle repairs or legal liability.
A standard snowmobile insurance policy covers the following areas:
- Collision coverage
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
In addition to the standard coverage areas, you may choose to add on one or more of the following coverages:
- Uninsured/under insured driver coverage
- Towing coverage
- Equipment/accessory coverage
- Trailer coverage
A recreational vehicle shares the road with other automobiles, so you may think an auto insurance policy is all you need to cover your home away from home. However, an auto insurance policy misses many of the items you will find in a specialized recreational vehicle insurance policy.
We provide you with the recreational vehicle or camper coverage that best fits your individual situation.
We offer the following options for Recreational Vehicle Insurance:
- Total loss replacement – covers a new RV (no more than 5 years old) when declared a total loss and provides the owner with a replacement unit of similar value
- Replacement cost of personal belongings – covers the cost of replacing personal property that is destroyed during a specified event
- Emergency expense coverage – covers costs incurred in the event of an accident or breakdown and force you and your occupants to find other lodging and meals.
- Comprehensive coverage – covers damage from vandalism, theft, natural disasters, fires, water damage, and other incidents not caused by a road accident.
- Towing and roadside assistance – covers towing costs and mechanical costs if you can’t fix it yourself
- Full-time liability – covers the RV when inhabited for more than a certain portion of the year. Similar to homeowner’s insurance in that its coverage includes medical expenses suffered by someone who is injured in or around your RV.
- Stationary coverage – covers your RV while it is parked either in storage or at your main place of residence
- Medical insurance coverage – covers the medical expenses you incur when an accident occurs in your RV
- Uninsured motorist coverage – covers you if you are injured and your RV if it is damage by non-insured motorist
- Suspend collision coverage when in storage – allows you to suspend the portions of your policy which apply only when the vehicle is being used on the road.